A fragment of the Natavan Castle wall (XIXth century) in the city of Shushi. Natavan Castle was named after the Azerbaidjani poetess Khan Gizi Hurshid Banu Natavan (1830-1897). Before the Nagorno-Karabakh War the city was the main cultural center of Karabakh, also known as “Paris of the Caucasus”. With more than three quarters of the buildings being destroyed during the war, the city has begun the reconstruction of historical buildings with a special architectural and historical value. Shushi, Nagorno-Karabakh, 18 September 2008.